All-Ohio Poll Teams
2023 All-Ohio Poll Team Nominations
May 17, 2023
This week is your chance to nominate your deserving players for the 2023 All-Ohio Poll Team. If you are nominating players we ask that you add their statistics into the Google Form that was sent as an email blast on Friday, May 19th for your division below and email the Poll Voters in your division with any comments, accolades, etc.
The deadline to submit your players stats into 2023 OHSBCA All-Ohio Nomination by Friday, May 26th at 12:00pm. After that time the form will no longer accept responses. Voters can vote as early as Friday, May 26th at 12:00pm and must submit their final ballot by Sunday, May 29th at midnight.
All-Ohio Poll Guidelines:
- Head Coaches submitting nominees must be a current OHSBCA Member
- Nominees cannot be nominated for two positions (example: P/SS). Choose their best position or nominate them as a Utility Player. A Utility Player can be a player who plays multiple positions in the field and/or a two-way player (example: P/SS).
Once the votes have been tabulated they will be sent to District Reps for proofreading. The official release will be sent via email blast and posted on the website prior to the start of the State Tournament June 8-10th.
- 32 Poll Voting Coaches in each division
- 1st Team, 2nd Team and Honorable Mention
- 1st Team: Top 2 Votes Received
- 2nd Team: 3rd and 4th Votes Received
- Honorable Mention: Any player(s) with 10%+ votes
- Tiebreakers: No Tiebreakers; Should there be a tie both players will receive the selection
- Breakdown Per All-Ohio Team as follows:
- Pitchers: 3 Per Team
- Catchers/1B/2B/SS/3B/UTL: 2 Per Team
- OF: 4 Per Team
2023 All-Ohio Poll Teams
The following table includes the OHSBCA Coaches Poll voting results as selected by the 32 Poll Voters in each division for the Division I - IV All-Ohio Poll Teams. Teams are divided out by 1st Team (includes Player of the Year and Coach of the Year), 2nd Team and Honorable Mention within each division. Click on the links below to see the results.
2020 - No Season (COVID19)
Prior to 1993 if you played in the Senior All Star Series you were considered All State.
Senior All Star Series Players
LIST from All-Ohio Games that are not on our website at this time
There are some interesting names on some of these...
1957 - Phil Niekro, Claude Osteen, Jack Harbaugh (Jim's father)
1965 - Larry Hisle, Thurman Munson
1969 - Buddy Bell, Ken Kravec
1974 - Ron Oester
And many more recent names like Billingsley, Andrew Benintendi.....great stuff.